Curried Butternut Soup
- Ready in: 60 min cooking time
- 5 kg butternut, peeled and diced
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1kg carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsps tumeric
- 2 tsps medium curry
- 1/4 cup sugar
- chicken stock or 6 stock blocks
- 250 gr bacon, diced and fried (optional or increase amount according to taste)
- 1 cup cream or 3 cups milk
Prepare all the vegetables. Keep onion separate.
Fry onion in oil till glassy.
Add all the spices and the sugar and fry gently untill it caramelizes
Add vegetables and fill up with water and add chicken stock blocks. If chicken stock is used, pour in about 2 lt stock and fill up a 10 lt pot with water till the vegetables are covered.
Bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for about 45 minutes till everything is soft.
Scoop out most of the potatoes and carrots and liquidize it untill smooth. Return to the soup as well as the milk or cream.
Fry bacon and add to the soup. Stir well and reheat gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with bread.
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.