- Ready in: 35 min
- Serves: 7
- Complexity: medium
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tins tomatoe whole or chpped with liquid
- 2 eggs per person
- extra oil for frying the eggs
- Fry onions in oil in a medium saucepan. When onions are transparent add spices with sugar and fry while stirring constantly over low heat.
- When your spices are fragrant and slightly browned add the tomatoes and garlic. Stir well and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil in. The larger your frying pan can be the more eggs you can fry at once which will reduce your cooking time. The pan should not be smoking hot because you should spoon in some of the tomatoe curry sauce and if the pan is too hot it will splatter too much. Spoon in a good amount to cover all of the base of the pan. On this sauce then break open your eggs. I would fry 6 - 8 eggs at a time. Put a lid on top.
Cook the eggs to taste either soft or medium or hard. The lid helps to steam the eggs from the top so be sure to check frequently if you like the eggs soft. Dish up the eggs with the sauce on toast and enjoy. Salt and freshly groung pepper can be added on top to taste.
None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.