Beef and broccoli stir-fry
- Ready in: 10 min cooking time
- Serves: 5
- 500g beef schnitzel, cut into strips
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped or 1sp t ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup beef stock (made with ½ stock cube)
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- a pinch ground black pepper
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cornflour with half the oil. Pour mixture over the beef and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut broccoli, including stems, into small pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in heavy based pan and stir-fry chilli flakes for ½ a minute. Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the beef mixture, stock, spring onions, salt and pepper, and stir-fry over a very high heat for 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
Cook’s note: Change the stir-fry by adding shredded cabbage, cauliflower, halved green beans or even chicken.
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.