- Ready in: varied cooking time
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- ¼ cup oil
- 500 g lamb chops
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 tbsp roasted masala mix
- 2 tsp ground ginger and garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves
- Heat small amount of the oil and fry sear the chop quickly on both sides.
- Heat reast of oil, cinnamon stick, onion and curry leaves and allow to cook until the mixture is light brown in colour. Add masala, ginger and garlic, salt and tomatoes.
When the tomato is cooked, add the chops and then ½ a cup of water. Cover the pot, lower the heat and cook until the meat is tender.
Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve on a bed of rice.
For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.