- Ready in: 45 min.
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: easy
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large or 2 small tin pie apples
- 1 tin ideal milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Beat 1 cup sugar and the eggs together till light and creamy. Add milk and melted butter and mix well. Sift flour and baking powder with the above mixture and stir together.
- Pour batter in greased pie dish. Place all the apple pieces on top of the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce in the last 15 minutes. Add the Ideal milk and sugar together in a medium saucepan and heat over a moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence.
When the pie is baked, remove from the oven and pour the syrup over. Leave to cool. Can be eaten warm or cold. Especially good with custard.
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!