- 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy [our] brother,
- 2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colosse: Grace [be] to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
- 4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love [which ye have] to all the saints,
- 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which ye have heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
- 6 Which is come to you, as [it is] in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as [it doth] also in you, since the day ye heard [of it], and knew the grace of God in truth:
- 7 As ye also learned from Epaphras our dear fellow-servant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;
- 8 Who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.
- 9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
- 10 That ye may walk worthy of the Lord to all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- 11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, to all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness;
- 12 Giving thanks to the Father, who hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
- 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his beloved Son:
- 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:
- 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature:
- 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are upon earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
- 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
- 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead; that in all [things] he may have the pre-eminence.
- 19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fullness dwell;
- 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things to himself; by him, [I say], whether [they are] things on earth, or things in heaven.
- 21 And you, that were formerly alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled,
- 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable and unreprovable in his sight:
- 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [are] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which hath been preached to every creature which is under heaven; of which I Paul am made a minister;
- 24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
- 25 Of which I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God;
- 26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages, and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
- 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
- 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
- 29 For which I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.
King James Version (kjv)
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Webster's Bible (wb - 1.2)2003-05-08
THE HOLY BIBLE,
CONTAINING THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS,
IN THE COMMON VERSION.
WITH AMENDMENTS OF THE LANGUAGE,
BY NOAH WEBSTER, LL. D.
PUBLISHED BY DURRIE & PECK.
Sold by HEZEKIAH HOWE & CO., and A. H. MALTBY, New Haven;
and by N.&J. WHITE, New York.
Webster Bible Electronic Format.
Beginning in July of 1991 the task of placing the Webster Bible text in electronic format began. The original purpose was to provide Larry Pierce, who produces the On-Line Bible program, with a more modern *public domain* text, similar in content and style to the AV but with a grammar that would provide better comprehension in todays English.
I plan on maintaining an accurate copy of the Webster text. Anyone finding an error should contact me; Anyone desiring to obtain the latest, most correct text, can find it on the Bible Foundation BBS, or can contact me in the following methods:
Home phone 602-829-8542
Address Mark Fuller
1129 East Loyola Drive
Tempe Arizona, 85282
Bible Foundation http://www.bf.org
I would like to thank the Bible Foundation not only for scanning nearly the entire Webster Bible but for encouraging me to undertake this monumental work; particularly around page 20 when I realized what I had gotten myself into. Special thanks to Jerry Kingery of the Bible Foundation for scanning, and Jerry Hastings for doing some preliminary scan cleaning and making the texts available on the BBS.
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible. English.
- Distribution Abbreviation: wb
- compressed module
- Fixed two small errors (noted in revision.txt)
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.