Salmon Fish Cakes
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 x 210 g cans salmon or tuna, drained
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- Dried bread crumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Boil potatoes until tender but not mushy. Mash while still warm.
- Add remaining ingredients, except breadcrumbs and oil. Stir lightly to mix. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Chill in the fridge.
- Scoop up small quantities of fish cake mixture and shape into balls by rolling between your palms. Flatten slightly and dip into bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Heat oil until smoking. Fry fish cakes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking, for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a mixed salad or vegetables.
NOTE: Leftover mashed potato works perfectly for this recipe.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.