- 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
- 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
- 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
- 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
- 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
- 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
- 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
- 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
- 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
- 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
- 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
- 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
- 15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
- 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
- 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
- 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
- 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
- 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
- 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
- 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
King James Version (kjv - 3.1)2023-07-19
This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers. The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England.
The Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon that is keyed to Strong's numbers.
Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base Greek text with Strong's and Morphology.
We are also appreciative of formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals.
Version 3.1 incorporates a more recent set of TR data from Dr. Maurice Robinson than was used in all the earlier versions. The TR data was obtained in 2016 from the Greek New Testament sources website
This was integrated into the OSIS source files of an intermediate version 2.9a hosted at
It is in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely for any purpose.
Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort is held by CrossWire Bible Society © 2003-2023 and CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for any purpose.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible.English
- Distribution Abbreviation: kjv
- Fixed .conf file GlobalOptionFilters
- Added Feature StrongsNumbers to configuration
- Added Morph option
- Fixed Psalm Titles to use correct GBF tags HT and Ht
- Changed New Testament to use a snapshot of the KJV2003 Project
- Changed Old Testament to use OSIS tags, removing the last of the GBF markup. Also updated to 20030624 snapshot of KJV2003. Compressed.
- Updated to 20040121 snapshot of KJV2003.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs. Added Greek from TR.
- Added GlobalOptionFilter for OSISLemma
- Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
- (2015-12-20) Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
- (2016-01-21) Added markup to notes. Improved markup of Selah.
- (2021-04-04) Fixed errant article Strong's markup in Rom.3.26
- (2023-06-27) Updated the TR data in 5888 verses. Correction of Ps.2.4: the Lord → the
Lord.\ MOD-448: many errors with strong as G3688, should be G3588.\ Five locations where small caps is inappropriate, Lordchange for LORDExodus 28:36; 39:30, Deuteronomy 28:58, Jeremiah 23:6, Zechariah 14:20.\ MOD-411: Psalm 80, Shoshannim–eduth → Shoshannim–Eduth.\ MOD-408: italics in Nahum 1:3, ( hath) → (in Numbers 16:13. Duplicated entry in Eph. 3.20, spurious comma in Gn 1.2 and 2.9. Ezra 5:3,6; 6.6,13: morph="strongMorph:TH8674 changed for lemma="strong:H08674. hath).\ MOD-358: Missing red letter markup in Luke 11:2, red marker moved before 'When'.\ MOD-413 multiple text issues (italics, spelling, ...).\ MOD-441: Missing strong number for the seventh word.\ MOD-419: Spurious "or" removed; Exodus 17:15 "Jehovah–nissi" → "JEHOVAH–nissi".\ 1 John 2:23 has "(but)" whereas Blayney has "[but]"; Correction of some morph errors in I Corinthians 3:13 A-GMS → A-GSM; I Corinthians 11:6 and 14:24 N-NAM → N-NSM; Hb 9.13, 10.4: N-GMP → N-GPM; I Cor 7:37 2 change for 12; 1Chr.27.12 Abi-ezer → abiezer; Exod.17.15: Jehovah → JEHOVAH.\ Correction of Jer.23.6: L → LORD; MOD-376: Mk 1:10.19 have a wrong strong number: 1492. The correct number is 3708. Correction of rdg attribute type="alternative" (2.9) to "alternate". Misplaced
- (2023-07-19) Conf version updated to 3.1 to match KJVA version.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We, at getBible, have a robust system to ensure our API stays up-to-date with the Crosswire project's modules. Let me walk you through how it all works, making sure it all makes sense without any technical jargon.
Our Bible text comes directly from the Crosswire modules. To track any changes, we create what are known as "hash values" for every chapter, book, and translation. Think of these hash values as unique identifiers that change when the content they're associated with changes. This system firmly links getBible with the Crosswire modules.
Every month, a process kicks off that takes about three hours. During this time, we pull the Bible text again from the Crosswire modules and place it into a special repository. We then check if there are any changes by comparing the new hash values and the actual text with the old ones. If we detect any changes, we automatically update our official getBible repository, which holds the JSON API files. This process has been running flawlessly for nearly three years and happens without any human intervention.
Once our official repository is updated, a new event is triggered to push these fresh files to our actual API endpoints, which is
https://api.getbible.net/v2/translations.json. This URL lists all the available translations in our API.
At this point, all the hash values are updated too. So, any application using our API should monitor for changes in these hash values, either on the chapter, book, or translation level. If a change in hash is detected, they should update their systems accordingly.
Changes in hash values may occur due to fixes in the text, such as adding missing verses or correcting spelling mistakes, or any other types of errors detected by the Publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire project, also known as the SWORD Project, is therefore the "source of truth" for getBible. Any change in the Crosswire modules reflects in our API within a few days, ensuring our API always provides the most accurate and up-to-date Bible text. This will continue for as long as getBible exists and we're able to run our build scripts.
Remember, we're all in this together to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the Bible text. So, if you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to open issues in the relevant repositories, and we'll respond as soon as we can.
Thank you very much for your attention and for being a part of our mission at getBible.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.