- 1 God in tyme past diversly and many wayes spake vnto the fathers by Prophetes:
- 2 but in these last dayes he hath spoken vnto vs by his sonne whom he hath made heyre of all thinges: by who also he made the worlde.
- 3 Which sonne beynge the brightnes of his glory and very ymage of his substance bearinge vp all thinges with the worde of his power hath in his awne person pourged oure synnes and is sitten on the right honde of the maiestie an hye
- 4 and is more excellent then the angels in as moche as he hath by inheritaunce obteyned an excellenter name then have they.
- 5 For vnto which of the angels sayde he ateny tyme: Thou arte my sonne this daye be gate I the? And agayne: I will be his father and he shalbe my sonne.
- 6 And agayne whe he bringeth in the fyrst begotten sonne in to the worlde he sayth: And all the angels of God shall worshippe him.
- 7 And of the angels he sayth: He maketh his angels spretes and his ministres flammes of fyre.
- 8 But vnto the sonne he sayth: God thy seate shalbe forever and ever. The cepter of thy kyngdome is a right cepter.
- 9 Thou hast loved rightewesnes and hated iniquyte. Wherfore God which is thy God hath anoynted the with ye oyle of gladnes above thy felowes.
- 10 And thou Lorde in the begynninge hast layde the foundacion of the erth. And the heves are the workes of thy hondes.
- 11 They shall perisshe but thou shalt endure. They all shall wexe olde as doth a garment:
- 12 and as a vesture shalt thou chaunge them and they shalbe chaunged. But thou arte all wayes and thy yeres shall not fayle.
- 13 Vnto which of the angels sayde he at eny tyme? Sit on my ryght honde tyll I make thyne enemyes thy fote stole.
- 14 Are they not all mynistrynge spretes sent to minister for their sakes which shalbe heyres of salvacion?
King James Version (kjv)
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale - 1)2002-09-05
William Tyndale's 1525 New Testament and 1530 Pentateuch.
This electronic edition contains only Genesis, the Gospels, Acts, Romans, 1st Corinthians, Hebrews, and Revelation from Tyndale's Bible. Thanks to Sergej Fedosov of the Slavic Bible (http://sbible.boom.ru) for providing this excellent work.
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible. English.
- Distribution Abbreviation: tyndale
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.